Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 11: Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire/Nat King Cole

Wow. It.  Is.  Cold.

School is canceled, puppy is sleeping inside, boys are playing games while bundled in blankets. Essentially, we're all taking the day in leisure and trying to stay warm.

Me, I couldn't help but bake another banana bread. (With pecans!--not chestnuts.) The warm smell is still wafting throughout the house.

I love these "surprise" days off. I'm forced to stay inside and make the most of the time (which seems to slow down on days like these).

My only regret at the moment is that I don't know how to start a fire in our fireplace. The additional heat would add to comfort, I'm sure. And there is something about the calming sound of a flickering fire that really settles my soul.

Until my husband returns, I'll listen to today's Christmas Carol pick:

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

sung by Nat King Cole


via YouTube

Enjoy and Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment