Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day 5: Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You/Billy Squier

Really, who (among those who grew up during the '80s) doesn't like today's choice?
I even watched it twice. The second time, just for the fun of catching all the wonderful '80s-wear and joy in revisiting the great MTV VJs (like my favorite, Martha Quinn!)

When I think about why I started this project, a part of me wanted to share in the love of music for the sake of music. This song does this especially well. It's such a happy song! Can't you see playing it/singing it during the summertime, maybe on a boat ride with friends?
One of my favorite things about the holidays is receiving Christmas cards from friends and their families far away. But this year was different. There weren't as many photos. Now, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of well-wishers sharing love across the internet on Facebook and in phone messages. And that works for me too!

But I wonder about friends and family who are "not connected" but eager for that holiday contact? (Yes, this wild, elusive breed of person still exist!) In this digital-world of ours now, I hope we aren't leaving others out.

Today, I'd like to challenge everyone to send a written letter, postcard or small note to one of these people that you know. It might be one person, one family member, one distant contact. Reach out and post a note the old fashion way... (and use the right address! I had four cards returned because I had the wrong addresses! What does that say???) Let's fill the not only mailboxes and in-boxes, but hearts and souls of our loved ones!

Like the faces in this video, time can change so quickly. Besides, Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You! :)

Day 5 Christmas-Carol-Kinda-Day Pick:

Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You
by Billy Squier


via YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment