Friday, December 26, 2014

Putting the Plan into Action: Part 2

Earlier today, I jumped into action, started up my 365 blog and got the basics underway, nearly a week before I had anticipated. The immediate change in my plans was due to the fact that the radio stations that had been claiming they were "All Christmas Radio" simply stopped playing Christmas music at 12 midnight on Christmas Day! Christmas Day??

But here's the thing... 
Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. 
(Since the 4th century, it's been customary to celebrate the birth of Christ on December 25th, or Christmas Day.)

For anyone that's ever been around the event of a birth, any birth, it's a non-stop event that starts at first sight. From then on, it's "look out world, here he/she is!" Whether it's a nurse holding the infant up at a nursery window, the family visiting the mother, father and new born at the hospital, a Facebook status update, or the welcome home, a birth of a new baby is a BIG deal that LASTS beyond that first day. 
And Jesus wasn't just any newborn. Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God. His birth is a promise fulfilled for all of mankind.

Of course there would be onlookers and well-wishers beyond the day of his birth.

Even the Bible tells us so in Luke 2; 17-18. 
17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.


Which brings me to the purpose of my "365-Kinda-Day" project for 2015:


A Christmas-Carol-Kinda-Day!


In efforts to keep the spirit of Christmas throughout the year, the following 365 Project Plan will be used.

The 365 Project Plan:


1.   Day 1 starts December 26, 2014.

2.   Day 365 ends on December 25, 2015.

3.   Each and every day during the "Project Plan," one Christmas-themed song will be posted/shared, listened to, and enjoyed by me (Juli Caveny). If you (the reader, viewer, listener) doesn't want to follow, that's fine. This is a personal project, not a "required assignment" for anyone. 

4.   A motivational or Biblical quote or reference will also be included to help me lead a more "Christ-centered" life. Most of these will be from the New Testament. Some may come from a suggested reading list I follow, authors I read, but others may seem more random due to events outside of the project.

5.   A personal image will accompany the posts. (Oops... Does that mean I'm doing a 365-picture project too? I think so...)

6.   A reflection or personal interpretation or suggestion will occasionally be posted to evaluate how the project is progressing. These won't be daily. They might be longer, more complicated than I'm ready to handle. But I think it's important to TRY to make sense of it all. (I'll post these as separate posts/tags.)

7.   Although I will try to find a different song for each day, I am allowing myself to repeat a song/artist if needed. Certain songs can really make a difference on a difficult day. 

8.   I WILL take suggestions for songs/requests for days. Although I might have to modify them, I am also keeping a notebook of songs in advance, so if you want to request a song/artist, drop me a message! 

Wondering what you might do for a 365 Project? Check out this website Make Something 365 (I love the book!) and think outside of what you may already be doing to make a change in your life one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment